Employee Relations Lead job in Birmingham
Find out what it is like to work at HSBC
Job Title - Employee Relations Lead
The HR Employee Relations Manager role is based within Human Resources (HR) Department.
This Employee Relations role is responsible for a range of employee relations activities which may include consulting and providing counsel/ recommendations to leaders and managers while resolving issues or general complaints.
This role will be located within the HR function, reporting to a more Senior HR role. The role will be supported by junior employee relations staff.
Tasks and responsibilities of the job holder may include the following:
- Liaise with senior HR to implement, and update Human Resources employment policies and procedures.
- Being up to date with employment laws to ensure HSBC, management and employees are in compliance.
- Support the annual employee compensation reviews and performance evaluation process.
- Support training related to employee relations, leadership, coaching and succession planning, as well as compliance with laws and regulation as well as HSBC policies and procedures.
- Responsible for developmental activity for junior team members
- Future career development may lead to opportunities within more senior HR Manager role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Case Management of complex issues (Disciplinaries, Grievances, Capability processes etc.).
- Coaching and developing Employment Relation (ER) colleagues, HR Generalist colleagues and line managers on the effective resolution of ER matters. This may also include providing formal training and periodic technical updates to client groups.
- Supporting with restructuring (redundancies, offshoring etc.).
- Assignment to ER projects.
- Management of Management Information (MI).
- Partnering with HR Generalist colleagues and business lines to assist with the effective execution of business strategies.
- Working with HR generalists to provide solutions to Employee Relations issues.
- Working with management across supported business lines to provide sound Employee Relations support.
- Providing assistance where necessary for Compliance / Risk led investigations.
- Delivering fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Communicating a clear vision for the business that is aligned to the overall HSBC vision, Values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture.
- Leading, developing and motivating the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Setting expectations, sharing best practice and managing, monitoring, coaching and developing team leaders and others to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience.
- Leading and encouraging constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
- Managing the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximise end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintaining a robust and efficient control environment across HR to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Leading the development, implementation and maintenance of a Global HR management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Leading the implementation and oversight of HR policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. union engagement experience, strong ER background.
- Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- A successful track record of delivering complex projects and/or programmes, utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success.
The base location for this role is Birmingham.
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.