- BAME stands for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic. I am from a.... The post BAME diversity at Bank of England appeared first on thebigidea.
- We marked Time To Talk Day again this year with a series of.... The post Bank of England – Time To Talk Day appeared first on thebigidea.
- Bank of England has launched its African-Caribbean Scholarship programme as a key.... The post Bank of England: African-Caribbean Scholarship appeared first on thebigidea.
- Bank of England are pleased to have raised 258,411.61 for our two.... The post Bank of England raise over 250,000 for charities appeared first on thebigidea.
- Business in the Community The Bank of England is working with Business.... The post Bank of England – Our Partnerships appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior Associate, Banking Groups & Large Exposures job
Find out what it is like to work at Bank Of England
Job Title - Senior Associate, Banking Groups & Large Exposures
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Associate to help shape and implement the work of the Banking Groups & Large Exposures Policy team in PPD's Structural Policy Division.
The team is responsible for several key and high profile workstreams, including:-
- reviewing the PRA's approach to Banking Groups Policy in light of post-crisis regulatory developments;
- leading the PRA/Bank's inputs into International/European policy developments and analyses related to the UK's exit from the EU on regulatory consolidation and large exposures;
- contributing to the development and implementation of the TLAC and MREL standards, particularly on intra-group relationships; and
- supporting policy development on structural reform (ring-fencing) and its implementation.
The role holder will lead on a mix of these issues depending on skills and experience. In broad terms we are looking for candidates with strong analytical skills, who can take on and deliver significant work with topics that may not be familiar to them, and can communicate their findings upwards effectively. The role will require the successful candidate to directly manage a variety of stakeholders, often dealing with much more senior staff. Some international travel may be required.
The team's activities reach out widely across all of PPD and into other parts of the Bank. It is an ideal place to get a flavour of what PPD does and how different banking groups operate. Detailed Description
The jobholder will:
- co-lead on developing a consistent and coherent narrative for the PRA's policy approach towards setting capital and liquidity requirements at different levels of application in a banking group, including, but not limited to, double leverage and intragroup large exposures permissions;
- support the development of the Resolution framework in the context of a banking group (incl. internal TLAC / MREL);
- provide advice to supervisors of individual banking groups and other stakeholders on the interpretation and implementation of the group aspects of the CRDIV/CRR and PRA rules, including in the context of the UK's exit from the EU;
- provide support to the development of other key PPD projects, including the Bank's response to the Treasury Select Committee's inquiry on capital, Leverage Ratio framework and Pillar 2 Liquidity;
- assist in the project management of work-streams prioritising work and ensuring that statutory and other deadlines are met;
- draft papers and briefings for the Bank's senior management (for internal decisions and external representation); and
- research on the interaction of prudential requirements at different levels of application in a banking group.
The jobholder may also have opportunities to manage the team's Research Assistant / Industrial Placement / interns.
•Strong personal impact and influencing skills
•Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
•Well-developed relationship management skills and ability to develop and maintain a network of contacts to help deliver organisational objectives
•Strong analytical and problem solving ability
•Demonstrable ability to show appropriate initiative and take agreed ideas through to a timely conclusion
•An ability to balance, prioritise and manage competing demands and quickly develop in-depth knowledge of disparate topics
•An ability to engage with complex prudential policies, understand the key points and their wider impact
•An understanding of the application of prudential policies to banking group structures
•Knowledge of other jurisdictions' approach to the application of prudential policies to banking group structures
•Familiarity with a wide variety of banking group structures
•Broad understanding of the regulatory regime for banking groups
How To Apply
Please apply online by clicking 'Apply now'
Closing Date: 28th April 2017