- With Heathrow expecting a record 868,000 passengers over Easter weekend and 200,000.... The post Heathrow announces its Little Linguists initiative appeared first on thebigidea.
- Heathrow is supporting the See Potential campaign as an inclusive employer that.... The post Heathrow supports the See Potential campaign appeared first on thebigidea.
- Heathrow Academy apprentices celebrated their graduation with local business leaders, college principals.... The post Heathrow Academy sees the graduation of 116 apprentices appeared first on thebigidea.
- UK Government Press release: “Government Heathrow Airport announcement” The below release has.... The post Heathrow approved for third runway expansion! appeared first on thebigidea.
- We want all our colleagues to have a career with us, so.... The post Heathrow Airport – Career & Talent Development appeared first on thebigidea.
IT Security Architect job
Find out what it is like to work at Heathrow Airport Holdings
Job Title - IT Security Architect
- Closing Date for Application - 03 May 2017
- Permanent Role
- Band C
Heathrow is the UK's premier international airport and one of the world's major hub airports, flying people for business, tourism and to visit friends and relatives around the world. We provide the facilities and services for over 80 airlines flying around 75 million passengers a year to over 180 destinations worldwide and play an important economic role connecting the whole of the UK to global growth. As one of the largest single site employers there are over 76,000 people working at Heathrow, for over 400 companies, working together to achieve our vision of giving passengers the best airport service in the world. Heathrow is like a small city - fast moving, diverse, forward thinking - right at the heart of the nation's global connections and with a world of opportunity.
To manage IT Security Architecture across the Heathrow IT lifecycle, ensuring appropriate treatment of risk, application of effective controls and establishment of repeatable security patterns. Key focus areas include:
- Owning and updating the IT Security Architecture and Assurance process; acting as the champion for that process
- Providing leadership to security resources across a virtual team of security architects from multiple suppliers
- Ensuring that IT Security is seen as a business enabler and not a blocker
- Establishing and maintaining credibility as the lead security architect and SME; providing expert consultancy as required
- Manage IT security and assurance process within the IT development lifecycle. Actively improve the process, balancing risk and controls, ensuring that risks are identified and addressed in a consistent fashion
- Develop and maintain the IT security risk register - including residual risks
- Provide Heathrow leadership to supplier security resources and act as a point of escalation and authority for security governance
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across Heathrow and supplier ecosystem
- Provide expert consultancy on IT security as requested
- Be proactive in ensuring that projects get the security input they need
- Represent Heathrow as required in NCSC or other Government forums
- Maintain a comprehensive and current understanding of Cyber Security and Information Security threats.
- Design effective risk treatment measures (IT Security controls) in architecture
- Deliver in house IT security testing and assess, measure and prioritise IT risks.
- Develop and contribute to fit-for-purpose IT security policies
- Deliver induction training as required
- Define and maintain baseline standards and architecture patterns; act as the 'evangelist" for those standards and patterns
- Support audit activity as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to a degree level
- IT Security qualification CISSP/CISM and strong track record regarding building, deploying and testing effective IT Security architecture in a complex, multi-supplier organisation
- Experience of exposing security architectures to audit review
- Experience of security in a cloud environment
- Demonstrates experience of building, maintaining and influencing relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Desirable: Master's degree in Cyber or Information Security CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- Knows how their actions impact business targets
- Positively challenges team to make best use of resources
- Is sensitive to the commercial and cost impact of IT security architecture and measures
Take the Lead
- Role models positive business behaviour at all times, sets standard for what good looks like
- Shows appreciation for people's efforts
- Seeks and gives feedback openly and appropriately
- Looks for solutions that have good outcomes for all parties
- Develops good relationships inside and outside of their team
- Communicates clearly and openly
- Raises opportunities to do things better
- Challenges the way things are done, questions efficiency of current processes
- Manages change effectively/responds well to change appropriate
Our plans are ambitious ones. And our people equally so. That's why we recognise and value the contribution that everyone makes. In return we offer great benefits. These include our employee assistance programme, pension, healthcare and travel offers, plus a wide range of development opportunities to take your career further.
Architecture & Built Environment