- Three of our members, Sky, Barclays and Atkins have featured in Glassdoor’s.... The post Sky, Barclays and Atkins feature on Glassdoor’s 13 employers that are great for working women appeared first on thebigidea.
- The shortlist for the British LGBT Awards 2017 has been announced and.... The post A spotlight on the Top 10 LGBT+ Corporate Rising Stars appeared first on thebigidea.
- The shortlist for the British LGBT Awards 2017 has been announced. The.... The post Shortlist revealed for the British LGBT Awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Sky are launching a new campaign, Ocean Rescue, to raise awareness of.... The post Sky launches Ocean Rescue Campaign appeared first on thebigidea.
- Working in collaboration with other individuals and organisations within their sector, inter-sector.... The post The rise of inter-sector network groups appeared first on thebigidea.
VOD Technical Specialist job in Osterley
Find out what it is like to work at Sky
Job Title - VOD Technical Specialist
VOD Technical Specialist
Integration and Test
As a VOD technical specialist the role will be to Manage, Build, Support and Maintain BSkyB VOD Test Environments. Video on demand for BSKYB is also known as Progressive Download - PDL. The role will involve working with the various teams working on VOD Headend Development and working with the people in BSKYB and third parties to deliver working VOD Test Systems for BskyB critical programs for. A successful candidate will be required to plan and execute mini projects these will be to deliver fixes, enhancements and upgrade solutions into the test environment. The day to day role will also involve managing servers, scheduling the upgrades and being a point of contact to drive through issues found on the test servers. The role will require the candidate to work under time constraints due to the strategic nature of the projects.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- The successful candidate will be required to be organised, methodical, display strong project management and technical qualities.
- Technical specialist will lead investigations for faults in the system, this will require a methodical approach and technical expertise to identify and resolve issues. A keen eye for details, logic and problem solving skills would be desirable to assist in troubleshooting test system issues.
- The technical specialist will have to work with the Test Managers, Project Managers, Design team, Testers and Headend Support Teams and create project and resource plans to drive the repair, install, upgrade and maintain the systems.
- Candidates should demonstrate knowledge of enterprise systems and demonstrate and end to end understanding of a VOD Headend system. To be successful in this role the candidate must have a background working with Networks, VOD Headend Systems, Databases and Unix/Linux systems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant qualification or industry experience (technically focused)
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related subject
- Knowledge of Video on Demand Headend technologies and Transport Streams
- Knowledge of hardware configurations, including operating systems
- Knowledge of Internet standards and web-serving technologies
- Experience in troubleshooting technical faults with hardware and software.
- Proof of self -management and driving projects to deliver to customers.
- Wide knowledge of web-serving technologies & error scenarios
- Good Understanding of client server technology and communication.
- Demonstrate a range of problem solving and fault finding skills for troubleshooting systems.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There's a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Due to the fast paced nature of Sky's Businesses our vacancy close dates may be subject to change